Donate today. Help Indigenous Educators Empowerment work towards advocating and assisting our Native communities with a voice for change. Our Indigenous communities in Nevada have endured generations of low academic expectations in a system that is not prepared to support them with high-quality instruction through an Indigenous lens. Now is the time to engage in those difficult conversations with realistic solutions that will result in high academic achievement.
We will accomplish this by:
- Advocating for timely, reliable, and accurate student achievement data in order to empower Indigenous community decision-making that supports academic success.
- Creating a high quality and engaging educator professional development through a lens of Indigenous culturally sustaining/relevant pedagogies.
- Develop a framework for recruiting and retaining highly effective Indigenous teacher programming.
- Improve current K-12 curriculum that includes an accurate and modern Indigenous perspective.
- Promote anti-racism.
- Advocate for change of systemic inequities for Indigenous students.
- Support a transition from Nevada Indigenous language preservation to language revitalization.
Please donate today.
Indigenous Educators Empowerment greatly appreciates the support of those who share our commitment to addressing the achievement gap for Native American children.
Indigenous Educators Empowerment is recognized as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our EIN is 86-1295358.
Contributions to organizations with 501(c)(3) status may be tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor to determine deductibility of this contribution.